header

Saturday 16 February 2013

Smitten.




Today was one of those very beautiful, very rare sunny days! You have no idea how good it was to feel the sunshine warming my face (and my heart!). One of the things I miss most about Australia is the heat, but living in the colder weather has really helped me to appreciate the beauty of a simple sunny day. I was determined to make the most of the good weather, so we spent the morning in Covent Garden and stumbled upon this display. It was brought to life on Valentines day by the British Heart Foundation to promote the awareness of having a healthy heart (speaking of, Jacob spoiled me with dinner and a stunning- and sentimental Pandora bracelet which I adore). The towering mesh sculptures spell the word love, and in return for making a donation you receive a 'love lock' on which you write a message to your loved one and lock it to the frame, throwing away the key. They say this symbolises 'love locked forever'. I'm sure most of you can just imagine me squealing with delight at the thought of such an idea, me being the hopeless romantic that I am, and it was a lovely memory to be able to share with my Jacob. So far the sculpture has had over 8,500 love locks attached to it, raising over £28,000 for the charity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment