header

Wednesday 10 April 2013

Mid week mayhem.





Here, have some snaps of my week!
1. Jacob's amazing find for me at the car boot sale we went to over the weekend. I didn't get any photos (sorry!) but had the best morning wandering around browsing the treasures. We have visited three car boot sales in the last three weeks and I am really beginning to develop a soft spot for them. I can't wait until Jacob and I move into our own flat so I have an excuse to actually buy some of the gorgeous antiques that we find. I have been wanting to start sewing so I can start making and altering my own clothes, so have had my eye out for a good machine for the last few weeks. This little gem cost us only £10 and scrubbed up really well. The brand, Gamages, was a hugely successful department store in central London, 1878, that peaked in the 1960's, eventually closing in 1972. This machine was made in Ireland and we think is from somewhere between the 1950's to 1970's. I had originally grown very fond of the idea of owning an old singer machine and actually spotted one the same day for £45, but Jacob made me promise to look around first. Thank goodness he did, I already love and am getting attached to my little Gamages machine!
2. I also picked up this little floral number as my first sewing project. I'll try and keep you updated on that one and let you know how it turns out.
3. Me, fresh faced and up bright and early to collect my parcel at the post office on the way to Maison Blanc for breakfast. A very special thanks to the lovely team at Zoie Boutique for their efforts in holding my items and getting this all the way to the UK for me! Their boutique stocks some of my absolute favourite Aussie labels, which I have been missing dearly over here. I am slowly updating my wardrobe in excitement and preparation for the summer months and will definitely be returning to Zoie! I love getting mail, and it was so exciting opening such a beautifully packaged delivery- I felt like it was my birthday (haha)!
4. Tickets to Wicked at the Appolo Theatre. I have wanted to see this show for the longest time, so was honestly ecstatic when we scored these tickets! The show was absolutely incredible. I'm a sucker for the theatre and caught myself tearing up at numerous times throughout the performance because I was just so darn happy to be there! Definitely something I can see myself going back to see over and over.
5. Tickets to Alice's Adventures in Wonderland performed by the Royal Ballet at the Royal Opera House. Jacob surprised me with these last week. Alice in Wonderland is one of my absolute favourites, and although our seats weren't as brilliant as we anticipated, it was by far the best performance of this production I have ever seen, and this is coming from someone who has seen Alice brought to life by three different companies, and also been an Alice on stage herself! Christopher Wheeldon is an incredible choreographer and combined with the musical genius of a score by Joby Talbot, the ballet was utter magic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment