header

Saturday 30 March 2013

Hyde and Seek.


After the loveliness of the church courtyard  I wasn't ready to say goodbye to the flowers in the garden. We took these after Jacob decided to take a walk through Hyde Park. Needless to say, we never made it to the museum... Despite the miserable weather, Hyde park was very much alive with people enjoying the gardens for Easter. There wasnt as many colours here, but it was somehow still equally as impressive with the charm of the Kensington Palace Gardens. Jacob convinced me to hire out some Boris bikes so we could cover more ground. I'm not one for bikes, and was as reluctant as I was wobbly to begin with, but I couldn't think of a better way to enjoy the magic of Hyde Park. It's so huge that you can honestly just get lost in there, wandering around amongst the prettiness of the blustery gardens and stumbling upon things like art exhibits, paddle boats, duck ponds and food carts that fill the air with the sweet smell of caramelised peanuts. I even made friends with a squirrel. It was freezing, but it was a great day. You know what they say.. cold hands, warm heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment