header

Friday 18 January 2013

Hello, London.

Meet snowy, the unfortunate snowman. Yes, his eyes are blueberries, and yes, his nose is a chicken strip. 

I have shed tears, dragged bags, slept restlessly, finished a book, started a new one, watched countless in flight films, stared at the pages of enough Vogue magazines to make up half a years subscription, and been driven out of my mind by a screaming child for seven and a half hours, but I have made it. I am here. After enduring what was possibly the longest 21 hours of my life in the air, I am here. And it was so worth it. Today was my first day in London, and also my first snow fall. I woke battling jet lag but couldn't quite contain my excitement after taking a peak out of my bedroom window.  I've not experienced snow before in my life, but I could not think of a better welcome! There's something about the snow that is utterly mesmerising. There is such beauty in watching it fall and flurry in the wind, in the way it blankets roof tops and gardens and has the ability to turn everything  it touches into some pristine vision that belongs on a postcard. The feeling of finally being here is so surreal, but even more so is the feeling of being back by Jacob's side. After three months apart, I'm struggling to find words to describe just how blissful it was to see him waiting for me at the airport. Never in my life had I thought I would have the opportunity to do something like this! I am so stoked to be here and so ready to make the most of this adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment