header

Sunday 28 April 2013

Brick Lane


Remember when I mentioned that of all the places I've visited in London so far, Covent Garden was one of my favourites? Well, my visit to Brick Lane certainly gave that idea a run for its money! I have wanted to make a trip to Shoreditch, specifically Brick Lane, ever since moving here and reading about this vintage haven on Stolen From Grandma. I hadn't visited sooner as I had been strategically saving my pennies in hope that I would find some gems to start off my summer wardrobe- and I definitely wasn't disappointed! It has been growing increasingly more difficult living on such a limited collection of clothes consisting of what I could fit in my suitcase when I moved over, and what warm winter woolies I picked up when I arrived. I don't like to wear the same thing twice if I can avoid it and I'm starting to run out of different combinations of the pieces I own. That along with the fact that the weather is warming up (spring is upon us - hallelujah!) means that new clothes are at the top of the list. Brick Lane is an absolute treasure trove of vintage boutiques and market stalls. Out of all, Blitz has got to be my pick,  a huge two story warehouse of pre-loved beauties. I could honestly stay in here for hours, sifting through all the floral prints, acid-washed denim and oversize knits. In fact, I almost did, before Jacob made the executive decision to drag me away! Don't worry, I didn't leave empty handed...

8 comments:

  1. i went to Brick Lane today and fell in love with it! such a cool place :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's incredible- best vintage finds! London houses such amazing culture!

      Delete
  2. Your photos are so beautiful! This makes me miss Brick Lane I need to go back soon!
    Lucia's Loves
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow your photography is absolutely amazing! Can I ask what camera and lens you use? I'm such a novice, so still learning. Looks like you had a fab time :)
    http://heroineinheels.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laura,
      Thank you so much! :)
      I can't take all the credit though, my boyfriend Jacob, who is a most talented photographer in his own right, is responsible for a lot of the snaps I post.
      We have quite an extensive camera collection, ranging from digital cameras to medium format film cameras! Usually, he doesn't leave home without the Sony A57 which is what was used to shoot this post. He will often pair the sony with a Carl Zeiss 16-80mm lens or a (Sony) 35mm portrait lens.

      You can see more of Jacob's work here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jacobgalway/

      I really hope this helps! :)

      Good luck- keep shooting beautiful things!
      x

      Delete
  4. this look like such a lovely and cosy place! you look amazing in the wine red sweater too!

    Check out my new all-black outfit post on blog! :)
    A
    xx
    http://epiquemoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! :)
    Please excuse me while I have a fan-girl moment over your blog!
    x

    ReplyDelete